Monday, March 7, 2011

World of Leisure Makes Such a Bad Pool Table

  As typical, we hate having to work on, move or service any World of Leisure pool table. These tables are just complete wastes of money. However, what are we going to do? Tell the customer that and insult them? Not likely. What is even worse is the shady billiard company that sells and installs these pool tables. Look at this for reference:
Really Colorado Billiards? BC Billiards? or Mattress Billiards Direct? or whatever the hell bankrupt company name you are using these days. There was absoluetely nothing you could have done to prevent this from happening huh? Nothing? Really? This company is the bottom of the barrel. Maybe that is why they price war and under value their service work. Maybe that is why they continue to go bankrupt and change their name. Maybe. Not to mention the slate seams were just terrible, the level was way off, and every slate screw was stripped out. Good luck getting any service warranty from these dudes. Goodness. Get what you pay for though:

Well another of their customer that is now ours! So lets talk about what Big Break Billiards did for him.
This was another standard, in the city, pool table move. The table is a 7 foot size and was a laminate and press board made import. It had half inch thick slate and it was unframed.
Everything went smooth for the pool table dismantling portion. Naturally, we had to fix some of the issues wrong with it and we also recommended a pool table recover due to the pool table cloth situation in it's current form. The customer chose a forest green color cloth and ok'ed the recover. Any hour later we had an extrememly happy young pool table owning family! Thanks guys! Now it's more level than the pros play on!

8 comments:

  1. Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and upda ted working in your site. billiard cloth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before putting too much confidence in some of the negative comments on World of Leisure pool tables, remember that degrading the competition is an advertising ploy; comments can be right on or completely off base. I purchased a W O L pool table from Splash in Bosier near Shreveport LA. I photographed the set up just out of curiosity and watched what appeared to be a very professional set-up crew. They were informative, careful, and worked together to leave my husband and I with a beautiful and well-performing table. Splash has always accommodated our subsequent inquiries and purchases of accessory items. We've never had a negative experience with either Splash, as the dealer, or the World of Leisure slate pool table. After five years in an un-airconditioned shop, the furniture-legs and frame, look new. The felt, which the set-up crew cautioned us about, has not come unglued and is as tight as it was new. Don't know how I could be more pleased. Knowing that one day we might want to move it to another location, we inquired of the set-up crew the costs involved in moving it. They quoted two prices: one price included the dismantling and the other price was just for setting it up at another location. Those prices were consistent with other estimates. I am a pleased customer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I purchased a WOL pool table in the early nineties direct from the factory in Adelanto, CA. I didn't know much about professional players at the time but the salesman was Lou Butera, AKA 'Machine Gun Lou'. We still have the table and it looks brand new. We've gotten hours of enjoyment out of our table and continue to enjoy it today. We've also moved it and re-felted 3 times. I was also lucky enough to have Lou offer to sell me a custom Lou Butera cue which I purchased at half price, still love my cue. It's my understanding that the WOL name was sold to an overseas company and the quality has since degraded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, I have a 25 year old world of leisure table and it rock solid. only thing ive done is change felt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a 28 year old 9' (3 slate) world of leisure table (Hampton-with Hand carved Rope chain Rail Upgrades-solid rail system) and it too is rock solid. Retails now for apprx $4200. I have had the pockets shimmed and cut (Diamondized to 4.25") in late 2012. It plays just as good as the 9' Diamond Pro-Am Procut offered today (It can be unforgivingit you over power shots) Banks just as true as it did new as well. 860HR Simonis-Tournament Blue make me enjoy 'home life' when preparing for major events. Randy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto, I dunno who runs WoL now, but in '98-2005 I bought 2 full sized WoL tables and they are great!! And I'm in earth-quake country!

    ReplyDelete